Idaho Social Work License Requirements
To apply for Social Work licensure, Social Workers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A CSWE-accredited degree from a regionally-accredited college, university or school of social work
- Evidence of good moral character
- Each applicant must meet minimum education requirements:
- Bachelor level social workers are prohibited from performing psychotherapy. Baccalaureate social work can include independent practice, but not private practice.
- Master level social workers who do not hold clinical licensure may provide psychotherapy only under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, psychologist, or psychiatrist and in accordance with an approved supervision plan. Master’s social work can include independent practice, but not private practice.
- Each applicant must successfully pass the appropriate level of the ASWB examination
For up-to-date and more detailed information on Idaho Social Work License Requirements, view the state’s official website: Idaho Social Work Licensing Board