Montana Social Work License Information

Montana Social Work License Requirements

What do I need to become a Social Worker? Find out what's required for Montana Social Work License. Everything you need to know.LCSW/CSW

  • Must hold a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) or a Doctor of Social Work (must be CSWE-accredited)
  • Must have completed ASWB Exam (requires ASWB Clinical and Advanced Generalist exam)
  • 3,000 hours of supervised, post-degree hours (1,500 hours must be direct client contact)
  • Fingerprint-Background Check
  • Subject to Continuing Education (CE) requirements

For up-to-date and more detailed information, view the state’s official website: Montana Social Work Licensing Board